It’s the night before Harry Styles Live on Tour in LA at the Greek Theatre. I have done my homework- scoped out the venue, decided on an outfit, purchase my train/concert ticket and printed a map of LA. It seems like I have my ducks in a row. Below is where I figure my seat might be (Seat L-17 section B).
Some background: I am an out-of-state college student with no car. I don’t know anyone else going to the concert. I posted flyers (see below) to my social media accounts and around campus a week ago to hopefully get a ride to and from the venue. Unfortunately, the only responder lives nowhere near my school (thanks anyways @jessicasierra4l !).
The plan for tomorrow:
- Skip chemistry class to catch the 11am Amtrak
- Relax for the ride to Union Station in LA
- Walk around 2.5 hours (6.2+ miles) to Griffith Park
- Explore the area during the walk (possibly go through China Town?)
- Spend time at the park and visit Griffith Observatory
- Find cheap dinner nearby
- Get in line early at the Greek Theatre
- ENJOY THE SHOW
- Walk away from the heavy traffic leaving the concert
- Call an Uber of Lyft home
It is a very loose plan- I realize that! I have included plenty of extra time incase something goes wrong (perhaps I will get lost or the train will be delayed). But fingers crossed that everything goes right! I would never make this type of trip on my own- my mother would kill me for walking through LA by myself, but Harry Styles is definitely worth it. And if things get sketchy I can always call a cab.
Wish me luck!